2020 Honda CRF450X
Specifications subject to change without notice. Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors. Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount. Off-Road Xcellence. And Awesomeness. We changed up the Honda CRF450X in a big way last year, and right out of the gate it went out and won the Baja 1000. And not just the motorcycle class either—it roosted on those million-dollar trophy trucks too. But that's hardly a surprise, given how good this bike is for the serious off-road racer. For 2020 we freshened up the look a bit, but the hardware is still everything you want. Awesome motor. Wide-ratio six-speed gearbox. Aluminum chassis. Electric starter. And long-travel suspension designed for the desert, the woods, and everywhere in between.
- Wide-Ratio Six-Speed Transmission: Having six speeds in the CRF450X's transmission compared to an MX bike's typical five gives you more choice, and makes this versatile bike even more versatile. You have a gear for everything from east-coast rock crawling to wide-open Baja blasts.
- Electric Starter: An electric start system ensures trouble-free starting in all conditions. The electric starter also drives the clutch side of the crankshaft to provide superior lubrication to starter gears while producing a narrow engine with a short, strong crank.
- 449cc Unicam Engine: Honda's Unicam cylinder heads combine the best of single- and double-overhead-cam designs. The configuration contributes to a compact engine that saves weight over a comparable dual-overhead-camshaft motor and also permits a narrow included valve angle. This flattens the combustion chamber to facilitate ignition flame propagation, allowing a high compression ratio. Since less space is taken up in the cylinder head, the camshaft sits lower in the head for a more compact engine and a lower center of gravity.
- Twin-Spar Chassis: The CRF450X uses a twin-spar aluminum chassis that takes advantage of all the lessons we've learned on the MX track and from winning countless Bajas. The frame is both light and stiff, and provides the basis for the CRF450X's excellent handling. The chassis is also wider than the standard MX frame to accommodate the six-speed transmission.
- Engine Type: 449cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 96.0mm x 62.1mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.0:1
- Valve Train: Unicam OHC, four-valve
- Induction: Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 46mm downdraft throttle body
- Ignition: DC-CDI
- Transmission: Wide-ratio six-speed
- Final Drive: #520 Chain
- Front Suspension: 49mm leading-axle inverted telescopic Showa coil-spring fork with rebound and compression damping adjustability
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link Showa single shock with adjustable spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability
- Front Brake: Single 260mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: Single 240mm disc
- Front Tire: Dunlop MX52 80/100-21
- Rear Tire: Dunlop MX52 110/100-18
- Wheelbase: 58.8 inches
- Rake (Caster Angle): 28° 06'
- Trail: 4.6 inches
- Seat Height: 37.4 inches
- Ground Clearance: 12.7 inches
- Fuel Capacity: 2.01 gallons
- Curb Weight: 275 pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride.)
- Available Colors: Red
- Model ID: CRF450X
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke
- 96.0mm x 62.1mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 46mm downdraft throttle body
- Front Suspension
- 49mm leading-axle inverted telescopic Showa coil-spring fork with rebound and compression damping adjustability
- Front Brakes
- Single 260mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Dunlop MX52 80/100-21
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link Showa single shock with adjustable spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability
- Rear Brakes
- Single 240mm disc
- Rear Tire
- Dunlop MX52 110/100-18
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 275 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.01 gal.
- 58.8 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 12.7 in.
- Seat Height
- 37.4 in.
- 4.6 in.
- 28 deg. 06 min.
- Wide-ratio six-speed
- Final Drive
- #520 Chain